Wotton House is nestled in 13 acres of listed gardens in the Surrey countryside, 3 miles outside of Dorking. It features an indoor pool with a range of other leisure facilities, and a restaurant that sources local produce.Each classically styled room has a private bathroom, with a TV and a safe in the room. Many rooms overlook the grounds, and all have a hairdryer and ironing facilities.Guests have free access to all Wotton House’s health facilities including gym, sauna, steam room and tennis courts.1877 Restaurant & Bar serves modern British cuisine, and guests can enjoy afternoon tea.Only 15 minutes’ drive from the Junction 9 of the M25, Wotton House is also a 30-minute drive from Epsom Racecourse and Gatwick Airport.
- Beautiful location in the Surrey Hills, with fabulous footpaths near the hotel for walking or running. The hotel is beautiful and very tastefully decorated, and the gardens are stunning.
- The food was great once it arrived and staff responded promptly and kindly to our concerns of the wait. Grounds were lovely too.
- The hotel was in a beautiful setting wonderfully serene. The staff were a delight too.
- The staff were really good, attentive, helpful. Maggie and Johnny in the restaurant in particular.
- The food was very good, the staff efficient, attentive and helpful. The anti Corona measures very reassuring and discreetly but firmly enforced. Excellent provisions of sanitizers at most doors including lift. A beautiful and very spacious venue.
Guildford Manor Hotel & Spa
Set in 9 acres of parkland, the hotel is well placed for Guildford, Woking and the M25. There is free WiFi throughout the hotel, and free parking on site.The hotel offers comfortable rooms with attached bathroom with Freeview TV, and many also have fine views. A traditional bar and restaurant. A civil ceremony license and elegant air conditioned function rooms make the Manor House Hotel Guildford a popular wedding venue.West Clandon station is 1.9 mi away, and Guildford station is 3.1 mi away.
- Great staff, really friendly and helpful.Beautiful grounds and lovely breakfast
- The room was cute, very clean and modern bathroom, great walk in power shower. I didnt use the spa due to COVID but i believe it was open, it looked lovely and i could see it from my room. I opted out of breakfast as it wasnt the usual full English this was again due COVID bit given the circumstance it was a nice stay and I felt safe.
- Staff were excellent, welcoming and very helpfull. I left something and they posted on. Flexible and friendly. This aspect very positive.
- It felt like home, I loved everything about it.Food great, loved the ambiance and Fred the masseuse was an absolute pleasure. I will be back.Nice staff as well
- The staff were very attentive to our needs when the eldest guest in our party fell down the steps into the ladies toilets and broke her arm and fractured her pelvis. First aid was offered during the 2hr wait for an ambulance as we couldnt get her into a car to get her to hospital sooner. They even offered a free nights stay for those that were staying in the Guildford area to attend the hospital the following day, which was very generous and considerate. The breakfast items got depleted very quickly because the Hotel was fairly busy. You had to make several requests and revisit the buffet to get a complete breakfast plate at intervals, but overall the food was good quality and well cooked.
The Percy Arms
Located in Chilworth, The Percy Arms has a restaurant, bar, garden, and free WiFi throughout the property. Featuring luggage storage space, this property also provides guests with a playground. Private parking can be arranged at an extra charge.The rooms at the hotel come with a seating area. At The Percy Arms rooms contain a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.The accommodation offers a continental or Full English/Irish breakfast.The Percy Arms has a terrace. Guests at the hotel will be able to enjoy activities in and around Chilworth, like hiking and cycling.Windsor is 28 miles from The Percy Arms, while Croydon is 26 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Gatwick Airport, 23 miles from the accommodation.
- Breakfast was excellent. Based on a reserved time, the meal was served promptly. The wait staff was extremely helpful and catered to our needs.
- Great stay again with nice staff, good dinner and nice room!
- The breakfast, like dinner was excellent, freshly cooked, high quality. You have a selection form you fill in the night before, not a problem to me. Room beautiful decor, quiet, clean, well equipped and a big desk.
- Wonderful stay at this fabulous inn. The restaurant offered an amazing choice and the staff were incredibly efficient. Excellent dinner and a great cooked breakfast to send us in our way WILL RETURN FOR SURE
- Amazingly good value friendly staff and comfortable room.
Barnett Hill Hotel
Set in 26 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens and woodland, Barnett Hill features an oak-paneled dining room, free parking, and luxury toiletries, just 5 minutes from Guildford.The classic rooms are traditionally decorated in natural tones and pretty floral prints, and offer a hospitality tray with free biscuits, mineral water and hot drinks. All rooms have an private bathroom and a flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi is also accessible.The mature gardens feature a giant chess board, and there is ample outdoor seating available.The popular restaurant features a range of beautiful dining rooms, including the Oak Hall and elegant Drawing Room. Breakfast and lunch are served in the airy Dining Room, which opens onto the terrace and spacious lawns.Just 10 minutes from Dorking center, Barnett Hill Hotel is just 10 minutes from Guildford Railway Station, offering direct trains to central London. Bramley Golf Course is a 10-minute drive away, and Guildford Golf Club can be reached in 15 minutes.
- Really enjoyed our stay , staff were friendly , food was lovely and the location was so pretty.
- Had a great time, bar staff were friendly and couldnt go enough. Room was fab and very clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend!
- Barnett Hill Hotel is housed within a beautiful period property so the surroundings are lovely. Our room, in the courtyard area, was very large, with a fantastic, well appointed bathroom including a roll top bath and walkin shower. We had a coffee machine, a seating area, a large table and a very comfortable king size bed. We had two breakfasts, two three course dinners and a three course lunch during our stay so we got to experience a range of the food and beverage options. Portion sizes were perfect and every dish was delicious and well presented. Finally, the serving staff were all polite, friendly and welcoming. We had a particularly lovely young lady on breakfast service each day, as well as a great female server on both evenings. Thank you!
- The staff are a real asset. Cheerful, friendly, engaging a helpful. Beautiful gardens.
- Breakfast and afternoon tea were lovely. Room was lovely and clean and nicely decorated.Staff were very friendly and helpful.
The Plough Inn
The Plow Inn in Coldharbour enjoys a pretty location in acres of National Trust woodland, around 4 miles from Dorking. Offering high-quality homemade food, this inn provides elegant rooms with free parking and WiFi.Each room is individually style and has a TV and tea and coffee facilities. Rooms have an en-suite shower with complimentary toiletries supplied.A full English breakfast is served to guests at The Plow. The pub serves a seasonal menu using locally sourced produce, including organic vegetables from the garden, along with the real ales produced in the pub’s own micro-brewery.Guests can enjoy road and mountain biking at this property. The attractive centers of Dorking and Reigate are 10-20 minutes away, with local attractions including Box Hill, Denbies Vineyard, the Dorking Halls theater.The Plow Inn is within 30 minutes’ drive of Gatwick Airport, and a similar distance from Surrey’s county town, Guildford.
- Amazing pub great location and good food and drink selection .
- Lovely place with friendly staff and the best breakfast ever. Very nice place. Perfect if you want to be somewhere peaceful.
- Amazing location at the top of Leith Hill. Great views and forest walks on doorstep
- Room spotless and comfortable.Food excellent.Staff ok.
- Breakfast was very good. Lovely location, and very quiet at night. Staff friendly and obliging. Very little traffic. Parking easy just outside
The Richard Onslow
In the center of Cranleigh, The Richard Onslow has a terraced garden and offers free Wi-Fi. Some of its rooms overlook the High Street, while others have views of the peaceful patio.Rooms also have a TV with cable channels for guests to enjoy, as well as an iPod docking station. Each comes with facilities for making tea and coffee, and has a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The Richard Onslow’s restaurant serves high quality, seasonal British food, and a full English breakfast is available each morning. The bar offers a range of wines, beers and spirits.Cranleigh is one of the largest villages in England, and has a variety of shops and cafes for guests to visit. Godalming is a 25-minute car ride away.
- Food was great. Staff very friendly. Parking on site.
- Location was excellent for us as it was a couple of hundred yards from our cycle route. The breakfast was excellent, very good choice and very welll cooked.
- Breakfast was very tasty with plenty of things to choose from.
- Room was spacious Food was excellentService was superb
- Really enjoyed a 2 night stay food was great breakfast fantastic , staff friendly , parking and comfy room Thanks
Just 20 minutes from Thorpe Park, this charming, Tudor-style property sits within beautiful gardens in the heart of the beautiful Surrey countryside. Thatcher’s Hotel offers free parking, a traditional restaurant, and rooms with flat-screen TVs.All rooms at Thatcher’s Hotel have an private bathroom. Guests can relax with tea and coffee making facilities, work desks and interactive TVs with satellite channels and free WiFi access.The restaurant offers original features and garden views, and serves traditional and international cuisine along with a world wine list. The cozy Club Bar has chandeliers and live piano music, and offers a range of beverages and traditional afternoon teas.Just 6 miles away from both Leatherhead center and Guildford, the hotel is a 15-minute drive from Chessington World of Adventures. Horsley Railway Station is a 5-minute drive away, offering direct trains to central London.
- Its not a five star hotel but I think its exactly what I expected for the money.
- We enjoyed dinner and breakfast meals. Quiet accommodation. Convenient location, close to family and friends who came to meet up with us. Easy parking provided. Lovely gardens and grounds.
- everything we needed, the vegetarian breakfast was remembered every day
- Beautiful English styled hotel. The restaurant food was very good and the bartender was great accommodating our large family.
- The hotel is well located and if you need a place to stay near an event in the area its ideal. Parking is secure too.
The Cranley Hotel
The Cranley Hotel is located in the Surrey countryside, in the picturesque village of Cranleigh. The Cranley has a vibrant bar with regular entertainment, home-cooked food and affordable bedrooms.The homey rooms at the Cranley Hotel feature TVs and tea/coffee making facilities. They have private bathrooms with either a shower or a bathtub.The bar menu offers traditional English food, gourmet burgers and a selection of steaks. Local bands perform regularly and Friday nights are club and karaoke night with a local DJ. Outside there is a sitting area with wooden tables and a small yard.The Fernfell and Gatton golf clubs are within a 5 miles radius of the hotel. Gatwick Airport is a 20-minute drive away and free parking is available at the Cranley.
- Breakfast was fantastic the staff were too highly recommend this accommodation
- The guy that has taken over is very enthusiastic to make this work. The rooms are a little tired but with a bit of work this hotel will be back in its glory. I would say if you want value for money give the guy a chance and support the Cranleigh.
- the current manager has only just taken over this hotel and is in the process of updating it so at the moment there is still work to be done but it was clean and comfortable and the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was delicious.
- Good location for my needs, very basic and outdated, but comfortable and all I required for one night.
- Great location, lovely staff comfortable room.What more do you need!
The Drummond at Albury
Located in Guildford, 6 miles from Guildford Cathedral, The Drummond at Albury provides accommodations with a restaurant, free private parking, a bar and a garden. Around 6 miles from University of Surrey, the property is also 6 miles away from Stoke Park and offers free WiFi. The inn features family rooms.At the inn, all rooms come with a closet and a flat-screen TV.Guests at The Drummond at Albury can enjoy a Full English/Irish breakfast.Guildford County Court is 7 miles from the accommodation, while Crown Court Guildford is 7 miles away. The nearest airport is London Gatwick Airport, 22 miles from The Drummond at Albury.
- Breakfast was good quality , helpful staff lovey setting
- Very good breakfast and the owner was very accommodating with choices. We booked a table in the garden for dinner, which was good. The room was a great size and the bed comfy. A great selection of drinks and biscuits in our room. Great value stay.
- Great staff, lovely clean and comfotable rooms, tasty breakfasts wide choice, fantastic menu for lunch or evening meal. Have stayed before and will definitely stay again.Oh, and I forgot…….the resident dog is gorgeous. If you stay dont forget to throw him a stick or 2 orx3 or4! in the garden before leaving the way he wags his tale is soooo worth it.
- The staff on the night of my stay were brilliant! The two of worked their socks off all night. The pub was a really nice place with a great fire place with good selection of ales and good food. The accommodation building was also very nice with a mix of traditional building and modern bathroom.
- Pretty garden, plenty of parking, good sized room with comfy bed, big bathroom, and powerful shower. A great traditional pub with wood fires, safe space and an exciting menu.
The Jolly Farmer
Located in Bramley, The Jolly Farmer features a bar, terrace and free WiFi throughout the property. There’s a restaurant serving British cuisine, and free private parking is available.Rooms are complete with a private bathroom, while some units at the inn also have a seating area.Windsor is 29 miles from The Jolly Farmer, while Guildford is 3.9 miles away. The nearest airport is London Heathrow Airport, 30 miles from the accommodation.
- I have stayed at The Jolly Farmer about 4 times when I attend a local event. It really is a lovely place run by friendly staff. The location is very pretty and totally relaxing. Good parking at the rear of the pub. The room I always have is just right with one of the most comfortable beds I have slept it. Lovely friendly atmosphere and very reasonable prices. I would thoroughly recommend this venue
- Brilliant traditional pub stay very nostalgic. If you want modern sleek this isnt for you. I loved the detail of sherry in your room and quick access to fresh milk and water. The staff were fab. Would stay again.
- The cleanliness and the fact the accomodation was separate and away from the bar/restaurant.
- Fantastic stay and fantastic food would definitely recommend and visit again.
- After confusion with a taxi taking me to the wrong pub, I finally got to the jolly farmer, and was greeted by the manager who was very welcoming and showed me to my room. The room was dated, but certainly not an issue as it was it was spotless and very comfortable. I spent a fair bit of time in the bar in the evening and me and my dog were made to feel very welcome.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Peaslake