Polurrian on the Lizard
Set in 12 acres of mature cliff-top gardens, this luxury seaside hotel offers wonderful views across Mount’s Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel features a restaurant, leisure center and a cinema room.All of the stylish bedrooms feature fluffy towels and quality feather bedding. Many rooms have sea views, and each has a private bathroom and a flat-screen TV.Polurrian on the Lizard has a games room and a leisure club with a swimming pool, gym and luxury spa.The Polurrian Restaurant serves fresh local produce and seasonal menus, and there are 2 cozy coffee lounges with stunning views.Polurrian on the Lizard is located next to the Cornish Coastal Path, and has direct access to a private sandy beach. There is free on-site parking, and Mullion Harbor is just a few minutes’ walk away.
- Amazing location. Beautiful hotel. Staff very friendly. Relaxed casual atmosphere. Loved it!
- Excellent food, fabulous room, fantastic view, great staff, brilliant hotel
- I liked that on check out Day you could use the hotel facilities for aslong as you wanted staff were fab food was great
- the whole stay was perfect from the service provided by all the staff who were so friendly and helpful to the location and food . very relaxing trip
- Love it! Feels very homely and its great that its dog friendly. Amazing food and wonderful sea views with walks from the doorstep
The Ship Inn
One of our best sellers in Penzance! With a traditional pub and Cornish restaurant, The Ship Inn offers scenic views out over Mousehole Harbour. Just a 10-minute drive from Penzance, the modern rooms have private bathrooms.Each room at The Ship has a TV and tea and coffee facilities, and many have impressive views towards St Clement’s Isle. All rooms have ample storage space and a cozy sitting area.The on-site pub features original oak beams and open fires with a selection of local ales, including the award-winning St Austell. The restaurant serves a traditional menu using Cornish produce, and a fine wine list is also available.Overlooking the pretty working harbor, Ship Inn is just a short walk from the Penzance Coastal Path. St Michael’s Mount is a 15-minute drive away, and Land’s End can be reached in 20 minutes. St Ives and the Celtic Sea are just 30 minutes away.
- Beautiful little place to stay in. Had a gorgeous view from our room. Staff was really nice and helpful!
- Fabulous place to stayGreat viewsComfortable bedLovely staffAtmosphere I will definitely return
- Top class room,staff and location.great food all round superb
- The hotel manager was just delightful.The location was unique and novel.We did lots of day trips a car is a must though
- The staff were uniformly helpful and friendly. The room was a delight, overlooking the harbour.
The Kings Arms Inn offers bed and breakfast accommodations in one of West Cornwall’s most atmospheric pubs. Free parking is possible on site, and free high-speed Wi-Fi is accessible throughout the propertyLocated in a classic stone building, all rooms at The Kings Arms feature private bathrooms. Each characterful room also comes complete with a flat-screen TV with Freeview and tea/coffee making facilities.A continental breakfast is included in the room rate. The pub is open for food during lunch time and evenings, serving homemade dishes made from local ingredients, specializing in fresh line-caught fish. Local entertainment is available throughout the week. Further shops and eateries are 0.6 miles away in Mousehole.Penzance is 3 miles from the property. The property is ideally placed to enjoy the South West Coastal Path and St. Ives is 30-minutes away by car.
- The property is in a very picturesque position the amenities there were great made to feel welcome by will Nigel x
- Friendly and helpful staff, spotlessly clean room with huge shower cubicle and really comfy bed. Enjoyed our dinner and breakfast in the pub downstairs and slept really well in between the two, big meals. Really good value for money. Paul is a lovely village and the church quiet garden well worth a quick wander round.
- The room was completely modernized and freshly decorated. The best nights rest we have had during our visit to Cornwall. The staff were friendly and helpful. We loved hearing the church bells chiming on the hour.
- Very helpful staff. They arranged an early breakfast so that we could catch the ferry.
- The quality of decoration of the room and shower room was excellent everything looked new and high spec including bespoke window blinds, a lovely window seat with cushions and attention to detail in the shower room with dispensers for shower gel and hand soap. The bed was really comfortable too. Its in a great location within a walk to Mousehole and the pub has plenty of parking on site too. Service was friendly and efficient too we felt our room was a bit cold, so the staff increased the temperature immediately and remembered to put it up the next day before we got back from our day out, which was very thoughtful. Wifi was a decent speed.
The Swordfish Inn
Located in Penzance, The Swordfish Inn has a bar, garden and free WiFi throughout the property.At the inn, rooms include a wardrobe, a TV and a private bathroom. At The Swordfish Inn, every room is equipped with a seating area.A Full English/Irish breakfast is available each morning at the accommodations.St Ives is 9.9 mi from The Swordfish Inn, while Falmouth is 27 mi from the property. The nearest airport is Land’s End Airport, 7.5 mi from the inn.
- The room was lovely, the ensuite bathroom was very clean with fresh towels and mini toiletries provided. There was tea and coffee in the room too. The place is practically in the heart of Newlyn, 5 minutes from the local bus stop, 30 minutes on foot from Penzance train station.
- Nice old pub near the centre of Newlyn. Room was clean and comfy, a great shower. Friendly and very helpful staff. Good value.
- One of my best stops so far on 10 days of travel! Totally local gem. Big Red Helen and Joe Crowe were awesome! Want to come back for a fun trip next time.
- Staff, breakfast with fresh fruit and vege options pub, central location, coop next door, early bfast when we requested, cleaner polishing the entire pub.
- It was very friendly hotel and locals were very nice and told us about Newlyn and fishing industry very interesting especially Tom in the Swordfish bar.
The Queens Hotel
One of our top picks in Penzance. Located by Penzance beach, and 5 minutes’ walk from the town center, The Queen’s Hotel features a restaurant with views across Mount’s Bay, St. Michael’s Mount and Newlyn Harbor, free parking, and an on-site hair & beauty salon.Each room at The Queen’s Hotel features an private bathroom, free Wi-Fi, and tea/coffee making facilities. Some rooms boast picturesque views of the sea.Full English and continental breakfasts are included in the room rates and are served daily in the dining room with sea view. Open all year round, The Promenade Restaurant offers an extensive wine list, freshly caught seafood and fish, and locally sourced produce.Sennen Beach is 8 miles away and the charming St Ives is a 20-minute drive from The Queen’s Hotel. Cape Cornwall Golf & Leisure is 8 miles from the hotel.
- Location was fantastic,Just 15 mins walk from Penzance station.Breakfast was good and I would love to stay here again.
- wonderful hotel great bar great restaurant great location !!
- This is a GREAT hotel, it should be rated 4 stars. The building is ancient and very beautiful as it is the reception area. Although not with sea view the room had a view to town and the church uphill. Quiet and confortable room. Good wifi. Staff correct. Beautiful restaurant with sea view, nice staff. Wonderful dinner and full english breakfast. The situation is in the Promenade and you can make good walks close to the sea, not far from town centre up the hill. The railway station is 15 min walk.
- This is a very comfortable hotel with excellent sea views. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The bed is really comfortable.
- The room was quite spacious for a standard double. Plenty of storage space and very clean. The shower room had a good overmirror light and plenty of shelf space for wash bags and makeup, not the case in so many hotels I find. Free off road parking was also a feature.
The Yacht Inn
One of our top picks in Penzance. Featuring views across beautiful Mounts Bay, The Yacht Inn offers a restaurant and free WiFi access. Located in Penzance, the property is just 5 minutes’ walk from the Isles of Scilly Ferry Port.Set within an Art Deco building, each room includes a TV and tea and coffee making facilities. The private bathroom has a hairdryer and complimentary toiletries. Extras include a work desk and ironing supplies.In the mornings, The Yacht Inn offers a choice between full cooked breakfast and continental breakfast. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are also available.Guests can enjoy miles of beaches in Penzance, along with watersports and scenic coastal walks.
- Good sea views. Short walk to town centre and Newlyn. Good breakfast. Good meals in the bar.
- The staff was super friendly. The view from our room was breath taking. Loved this place!
- Really friendly and relaxing. Excellent food dinner and breakfast
- The fullon breakfast was very good, as were all the other offerings. Our room was quite large and the bed very comfy. Shower was hot and good pressure.
- This is a historic property in a beautiful location within Penzance. It was a short 10 minute walk from the train station. Being right on the waterfront was outstanding. The rooms are located directly over a popular pub, which can generate some noise from the happy customers. Ear plugs are provided for guests, however I never found I needed them.
The Union Hotel is in the center of Penzance. A 5-minute walk from the sea, the 17th-century building houses Hamilton’s Restaurant and also Nelson’s Bar, where there is free WiFi.Rooms at The Union Hotel retain their traditional style, many have excellent sea views of Mount’s Bay, and most are en suite. All are centrally heated and have a TV, a radio and tea and coffee facilities.A full English breakfast is served in the theater bar, visited by Charles Dickens when he stayed at the hotel. The restaurant serves homemade dishes using produce from the local area. Guests can enjoy live music at the weekends in the on-site bar.Penzance has an array of restaurants offering Cornish cuisine as well as globally influenced menus. The town’s cinema and theater are a 2-minute walk from the hotel, with a selection of bars and coffee shops even closer.
- Great view over St Michaels Mount.Nice staff and quite central.
- The staff were excellent, and I loved my little single room with a sea view. Great location for visiting Penzance and my friend who lives there.
- The sea view from our room was amazing. The staff was also really friendly and helped solve a problem for us without batting an eye. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.
- Central location, easy access to quayside for ferry crossing. Very helpful and efficient staff. Good breakfast.
- An old hotel so limited mod cons in an ideal location, room had a nice view over the harbour and Mounts Bay. Friendly staff and tasty breakfast parking was an added and welcome bonus. Would be happy to return.
Artist Residence Cornwall
The unique and original rooms at the 17th-century Artist Residence are each uniquely designed with some rooms decorated in an eclectic, rustic style and decorated by local and British artists. Guests have free WiFi.The bespoke style of each bright and airy bedroom is complemented by amenities including a flat-screen satellite TV, a private bathroom and tea/coffee-making facilities. Some rooms feature statement bathtubs and log burners. Rooms are accessed by stairs only.The property’s award-winning breakfast is served from an à la carte menu in the restaurant area, which is also open during the day. The Cornish Barn restaurant uses local Cornish ingredients to create a hearty menu of smoked meats, Cornish fish and seafood and local produce, served in a lively atmosphere.In the summer, guests are invited to relax in the property’s festival garden, which serves cocktails and food straight from its BBQ smokehouse, and use the ping pong and Foosball tables available.Just a 5-minute walk from Penzance’s historic seafront, there are a number of restaurants and other galleries within a few hundred yards. Penzance Rail Station is next to the Wharfside Shopping Center, just 0.5 miles away.
- Quirky hotel with great vibe. Good central location and attentive staff.
- Loved staying in the Look Out and the food was excellent!
- On a high hill on the best strolling street in Cornwall. Have the Cornwall bleu scrambled eggs for breakfast.
- Quirky rooms, delicious breakfast and a beautiful terrace where we were able to enjoy a drink.
- Good deployment in the room and very clean. Dinner is recommended but you have to book in advance.
The Dolphin Tavern
Located in Penzance, The Dolphin Tavern has free WiFi throughout the property. Each room at the 3-star inn has sea views, and guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and to a bar.At the inn, the rooms come with a closet and a flat-screen TV.Full English/Irish and vegetarian breakfast options are available every morning at The Dolphin Tavern.Guests at the accommodation will be able to enjoy activities in and around Penzance, like hiking.St Ives is 9 miles from The Dolphin Tavern, while Falmouth is 27 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Land’s End Airport, 9 miles from the inn.
- Unable to have e breakfast due to 6 45 departure
- Highly recommended! We enjoyed our stay very much. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff were extremely nice and the breakfast was delicious. We ended up having dinners there as well. Perfect location and very central. Overall a fantastic place.
- Convenient for Isles of ScillyExcellent breakfast choiceClean
- Fantastic location, and staff were great and would go out of their way to make it a fab stay.
- The location was perfect. The quay for the scilly isles ferry is just across the road. The room was spacious and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food was very good.
The Dock Inn
Located in Penzance, The Dock Inn has a restaurant, bar, garden, and free WiFi.At the inn, rooms have a closet, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. The Dock Inn has certain accommodations with sea views, and rooms contain an electric tea pot.The accommodation offers a Full English/Irish or vegetarian breakfast.The Dock Inn has a sun terrace.St Ives is 9 miles from the inn, while Falmouth is 27 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Land’s End Airport, 9 miles from The Dock Inn.
- Everything was taken care of with regards social distancing and COVID measures. We used a baggage transfer service and our bags were waiting for us in our room. Was great yo have the use of a bath after a day walking the coastal path. Breakfast brought to our room in the morning was a nice way to do things too. We ate here for our evening meal and couldnt fault the food or the service.
- This was a congenial pub very modest, frequented by locals. We chose the place because it was just at the docks for the ferry to the Scilly Isles convenient for an early morning departure. A good, full English breakfast was included in the price, served at a proper table in the room. The bed was comfortable. There was a huge bathtub/shower up on a platform would not be a good place for anyone with mobility issues It was about a 15 minute walk from the bus/train station and about 20 minutes from Newlyn, the next town over. Close to the awesome Deco period swimming pool and about an hours walk from Michaels Mount. Good location. Food at the pub was so so, but drinks were inexpensive and people were friendly.
- A great location, friendly staff and lovely breakfast. We arrived late and staff were happy to help with finding a local take away that we could eat in our room at the laid out dining table.
- very friendly staff who were happy to talk us through the procedure for boarding the Scillonian and what to do while on st Marys, breakfast in the room was excellent and so was the evening meal downstairs in the restaurant/bar area
- Staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was great with a good view and breakfast in the room was a nice touch.
Looking for: Best Hotels in Paul