Set in Mörtschach, Gasthof Fair features a restaurant, bar, shared lounge, and free WiFi throughout the property. Featuring family rooms, this property also provides guests with a terrace. The hotel has ski storage space.At the hotel, all rooms are fitted with a wardrobe and a flat-screen TV.Gasthof Fair offers a continental or buffet breakfast.Guests at the accommodations will be able to enjoy activities in and around Mörtschach, like hiking, skiing and cycling.Lienz is 14 mi from Gasthof Fair, while Heiligenblut is 9.3 mi away.
- Most special stay of our 2 week trip. Overall feel of the place just made us feel good and welcome. Food was fantastic.
- Comfortable room excellent beds, basic equipped, big private parking. Very nice location close to the beginning of Groglockner alpine road.
- Location, really good food in Restaurant, great staff, kindness…
- Everything was great except there is no TV in the room and the shower cabins are extremely small. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The food is also very good and the prices are reasonable! All in all we had a great time and would come back!
- Awesome delicious food. Good staff. Ski resorts are really close. Awesome new years eve table.
Located in Döllach in the Möll Valley, Hotel Schlosswirt is surrounded by the scenic mountains of the Hohe Tauern National Park. It features a restaurant and a spa area with a sauna, steam bath, infrared cabin and a relaxation room. Free WiFi and free private parking is available.All of the cozy rooms are individually room furnished in a classic Alpine style and include satellite TV and a bathroom with a hairdryer.The Schlosswirt’s restaurant serves international cuisine and seasonal dishes. The daily breakfast buffet features many regional products. Guests can choose between 2 main dishes from the 3-course menu. There is also a bar and an outdoor dining area.Guests can relax in front of the open fireplace and use a ski storage room. Massages are available at an additional cost. All year long trekking tours with donkeys are offered, quad and oldtimer tours are arranged upon request and E-bikes can be rented on site. Guests can also participate in animal feeding (cows, donkeys, pigs and chicken).A public swimming pond, a tennis court and a climbing wall are just 650 feet away. Surcharges may apply.The Heiligenblut Ski Area is 5.6 mi away, with a ski bus stopping in front of the hotel. The Mölltal Glacier is 25 mi away, and the Lienzer Dolomiten Ski Area is 16 mi from the property.
- Good Breakfast but charged for eggs except if soft or hard boiled. Very nice view and the farm animals were a nice feature for our 2.5 year old. The restaurant is a very nice cozy, traditional Austrian design but the food is average and menu limited. There is a horse farm across the street with very reasonable prices for riding lessons or riding in general.
- The staff is unbelievably nice people, they were always smiling and happy to help. Our room was pretty spacious, the bathroom was really big and clean. Our stay could not be better thanks to the Schlosswirt Hotel. The food was also delicious, and the sight from our room was beautiful.
- The staff were very polite and friendly. We also enjoyed the breakfast great choice.
- Beautiful hotel in a great location. I loved the old wood floors and how they creaked when you asked on them.
- tasty breakfast and dinner 4 course dinner, you can choose 2 main course children menu very kind and helpful staff, they are always smiling comfortable and clean room spacious bathroom with two sink and showerbath in the family room beautiful village with nice creek and waterfall ideal for families
Hotelchen Döllacher Dorfwirtshaus
Originally built 500 years ago, the Döllacher Dortwirtshaus is one of the oldest buildings in Carinthia. It offers Alpine-style rooms, fine cuisine, and hiking tours with llamas.Located at the foot of Austria’s highest mountain, the Großglockner, in the scenic Möll Vally amid the Hohe Tauern National Park, the hotel offers guided hiking and ski tours.All rooms in the Hotelchen Döllacher Dorfwirtshaus have a private bathroom and satellite TV. Free Wi-Fi is available in each room.Fine cuisine including Carinthian specialties is served in the restaurant.The ski elevators in Döllach are 1,300 feet away and the Heiligenblut Ski Area is 9.3 mi from the Döllacher Dorfwirtshaus.
- The rooms and facilities were adorable, very clean, and just perfect. The food was delicious and the staff was fantastic! I cant wait to go back!!
- The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very charming and is in a nice, quiet little town. It was maybe a 5 minute walk to the Grosskirchheim castle, and a shirt drive to Heiligenblut. This is certainly a great place to be among locals. If youre lucky, you may even meet a giant named Max. I almost lost my girlfriend to him, but he lost interest.
- Nice and friendly owner.View from the windows.Nearby areas are full of green and beatiful views.
- Really friendly staff who go the extra mile. Highly recommended.
- The genuine hospitality made me feel really welcome.
The 3-star Hotel Stadlwirt is located in the center of Rangersdorf, 0.6 mi from the nearest ski complex. It offers spacious rooms with satellite TV and a private bathroom. Free Wi-Fi is available.All rooms at the Stadlwirt are bright and decorated with wooden features and warm colors. Each comes with a work desk and a bathroom with a shower.Breakfast is served in the breakfast room. There is also an on-site restaurant, which specializes in Italian and Austrian dishes.Guests can rent bicycles, relax in the games room or go hiking in the area. There is also a garden with a children’s playground available. Free on-site parking is provided.Hotel Stadlwirt is located 650 feet from the nearest ski bus stop. Popular ski resorts, Heiligenblut and Mölltalergletscher, are both 12 mi away.
- Good location, good meals at the restaurant, nice and cozy room. No problem with bicycles storage.
- Fantastic interior, nice location, good restaurant, friendly and helpful staff.
- perfect WiFi, very good lighting in the room, lavish and very tasty breakfast!
- Breakfast is excellent. The room is typical Alpen Style with nice furniture and comfortable bed. There is a restaurant on the ground floor with fair prices and excellent dishes. This place provides everything what is necessary for tired skiers. Staff is very kind especially the blond waitress.
- Everything was great, a typical Austrian Gasthaus.
Surrounded by the impressive mountain landscape of Hohe Tauern National Park, the Tauernstern is located in the scenic village of Winklern. It features a spa area with 2 saunas.The spacious rooms include a flat-screen satellite TV, a seating area, and a bathroom with bathrobes and hairdryer. Free Wi-Fi is available in the entire Hotel Tauernstern.The restaurant serves traditional Carinthian specialties with many products coming from surrounding farms. The terrace offers panoramic mountain views. A café is also on site.Guests can use a ski storage room with a ski boot dryer. The garden includes a sunbathing lawn and a children’s playground. Free private parking and a bicycle storage room are available on site.From May to October, the Nationalpark Kärnten Card is included in the rate if you stay 6 days or more. This card consists of free benefits and reductions in the region.The free ski bus stops just 150 feet away, and there 3 ski areas within 16 mi. The Großglockner High Alpine Road is 19 mi away.
- Great breakfast and dinner restaurant. Very good spa onsite.
- Everyone is very friendly. The breakfasts were fabulous as were the dinners. Its in a great location with easy access to hiking.
- What a gem this place is! The location at the foot of Grossglockner, the view and the food were all outstanding. The ownerchef bakes her own bread, makes her own butter, jams and honey. We undeniably had the best meals of our 2 week tour of Germamy, Ausria and Switzerland. Forget the resorts and hotels in Heiligenblut and stay here instead! You will be happy you did.
- Fantastic location, very friendly staff and excellent food. Perfect place to spend a few days.
- Nice hotel design, clean rooms, tasty breakfast, parking next to the hotel, great location for a trip to Grossglockner.
Located in Großkirchheim in the Hohe Tauern National Park region, Hotel Post has a Finnish and herbal sauna, a fitness room, sun bed and Kneipp basin. Views of the surrounding Alpine landscape can be enjoyed from all rooms.A bathroom, dining area and TV are featured in all units. Most rooms are spacious, have wooden floors, solid wood furniture and a flat-screen TV.Hotel Post’s à la carte restaurant serves regional and international cuisine. Food and drink can be enjoyed in the large rustically furnished dining area or on the terrace. Wine and other drinks are available at the bar or in the wine cellar. Special diet menus can be arranged upon request.Großkirchheim’s cross-country skiing and public outdoor pool are both a 5-minute walk away. Several local shops and restaurants can be reached in the same time.The ski bus stops 650 feet from the hotel. The Heiligenblut ski region can be reached by car in 10 minutes. Golfclub Dolomitengolf Osttirol is a 30-minute drive away. Airport transfers can be arranged upon request.
- Convenient location near Groglockner. Great spa area included, free of charge.
- Place of utmost tranquility. A mansion full of little details which brings you to authentic Austrian life. The view from second room balconies is amazing. Rooms itself are cozy like your grandma is living here.
- Host is polite. They have tasty breakfast. Nicely designed interior and exterior.
- Wir waren auf der Durchreise. Hotel liegt schn im Sden des Groglockners. Das Hotel ist etwas in die Jahre gekommen, hat aber dadurch auch einen eigenen Charme.
- Struttura molto ben curata. Personale gentile e disponibile, con cui poter comunicare anche in italiano. Pulizia top, sauna a disposizione, parcheggio sempre disponibile. Molto soddisfatti
One of our top picks in Lienz. Offering ski-to-door access right next to the Zettersfeld Cable Car, and 0.6 mi from the center of Lienz, Hotel Holunderhof provides free WiFi and a spa area which can be used free of charge. There is also a restaurant and a bar.The modern rooms and apartments feature a flat-screen satellite TV and a bathroom. Apartments also include a kitchen with a dining area.The 394 ft² spa area features a Finnish sauna, sanarium, and steam bath. The sauna has access to a garden where guests can walk on different surfaces. A ski storage room and free private parking are also available.A ski school and ski rental are directly opposite the hotel. In summer, hiking and mountain bike trails start right outside.The Hochstein Ski Area can be reached in a 15-minute drive or with a free ski bus stopping right outside.
- Location was great, staff friendly, excellent breakfast buffet, clean
- Coincidently we caught a bus in front of the station to the front of the hotel, which was terrific however check timing because it doesnt go often! The room was huge. Breakfast lovely. Sauna quiet and relaxing
- Absolutely everything was great the spotless room with the view at Dolomites, entire hotel super clean and tidy, children corner, superb breakfast with many choices for everything, nice and friendly staff, nice favours at the checkout. Was one of the top 3 hotel experiences in our life!
- We had half board for our stay. The dinner is amazing, with wonderful food and service.
- Traveled at end of July. No AC in the hotel, but there were fans in each room. We are Americans that LOVE AC, but surprisingly we slept cool. A light rain storm was passing it was acceptable.
One of our top picks in Heiligenblut. With panoramic views of the Großglockner and the Hohe Tauern Mountains, the Lärchenhof is just 350 feet from the center of Heiligenblut and 500 feet from the Großglockner Bergbahnen Cable Car. Free WiFi is available, and bicycles are provided free of charge in summer.Furnished in a traditional style with wooden furniture, rooms offer a flat-screen satellite TV, a safe, and a bathroom.Traditional Carinthian cuisine with many regional products is served in Panoramahotel Lärchenhof’s restaurant.Spa facilities include a sauna, a steam bath, and an infrared cabin. Guests can use the ski storage facilities and play table tennis. Free private parking is available on site.
- The breakfast was excellent!Also the location is very fine.
- I liked the Mountain view from over room. Walking distance from town.
- This is the best located hotel in whole town. It has a really good view on hills and the whole valley. Breakfast was good, even if the hotel was not full, it was good choice of everything. There is enough walking tours for every kind of people. The city is small and peaceful. If you wish to relax in nice nature that is the place to go. There is a lot of good drinking water almost everywhere in the nature, so you do not need to buy water in plastic bottles.
- The hotel was in the most amazing location with amazing views. Super sized room! Lovely food which was amazing value for money. We loved it so much we booked a second night.
- Fantastic location for visiting the Grosglockner high alpine road. Friendly owners and very quiet in Summer ideal. Great parking for our motorcycle.
Surrounded by green pastures, Hotel Tschitscher is a 10-minute drive form the city of Lienz. You can find a library and a games room with more than 250 board and card games on site.Free Wi-Fi is available in the public areas and you can also rent iPods on site. As the hotel is dedicated to books and games, TV is not available in the entire property. Buffet breakfast is offered and you can also enjoy refreshments at the bar.Tschitscher Hotel features a large garden with a sun terrace, a children’s playground and a giant Ludo game set. Shuttle service is offered for a surcharge. Bicycles as well as ski equipment can be stored on site.You can find the Drauradweg bicycle trail 650 feet away.
- This is a bit odd type of hotel not what youd expect. It focuses completely on games its pretty old and in a somewhat quieter area of Austria. Yet, at the same time, it has everything you need, its very well maintained, we really enjoyed all the games there, and the host is simply wonderful. We had a very nice stay here, and a good breakfast.
- Very nice wee inn thats been in the same family for over 350 years. They have a thing about board games and have over 400 of them. Our room had a small separate sitting room over the front entrance. Honesty bar and plenty of seating indoor and out.
- Das Haus ist sehr geschmackvoll eingerichtet und besitzt eine ganz besondere, schne Ausstrahlung. Das Zimmer war gross, es gehrte sogar ein kleines Wohnzimmer in einem Erker dazu. Der Besitzer ist ausserordentlich freundlich. Das Frhstck ausgezeichnet.
- Schne Unterkunft in alten ca 500 Jahre schn renoviertem Haus. Die Lage ist etwas abseits von der Hauptdurchzugsstrasse in einem kleinen Ort, sehr ruhig. Gasthaus zum Abendessen etwas entfernt. Entwender man ist gut zu Fu oder sonst das Auto!
- Ein kleines, feines Hotel, liebevoll ausgestattet mit solidem Handwerk. So viele Spiele, Bcher und Hrbcher, da wird es selbst bei einer Woche Regenwetter nicht langweilig. Die Gastgeber freundlich, kommunikativ, schner Garten, eindeutig zu schade fr eine Nacht!
Hotel Sonne Lienz
One of our top picks in Lienz. Hotel Sonne enjoys a quiet location in the Old Town of Lienz. It offers free WiFi access and has a roof terrace with panoramic views of the Dolomites.Rooms feature a bathroom with hairdryer, a work desk, a mini-bar, and satellite TV.Hotel Sonne Lienz offers a sauna, and an underground car park. There is also a free internet terminal, a ski storage room with a ski boot heater, and a children’s playroom with computer games. Many local restaurants in town are just a 1-minute walk away.The ski bus stop is 650 feet from Hotel Sonne Lienz and takes you to the Zettersfeld and Hochstein ski areas. 2 bicycle trails are nearby.
- Very convenient location with very nice and helpful staff. Breakfast was very good with fresh squeezed orange juice. Really liked the room arrangement.
- Friendly staff, great room, great location. Everything you want in a stay. Plus the sauna is fantastic.
- Great location with nice people. Outstanding breakfast.
- The room was quite large and roomy. Everything was clean. Breakfast was good and they served freshly made orange juice and there was a coffee machine so refills were not a problem. The rooftop patio was very nice and the views are great. Parking is available and is free if you can find a space out front. Otherwise it is in a below ground garage and costs however it is next to the hotel elevator. The hotel is close to the river and a very nice walking path along the river.
- Excellent location. Super breakfast. Attentive and courteous staff. Room laid out well and very workable
Looking for: Best Hotels in Mörtschach