Located in Shropshire Hills Area of Natural Beauty, Affcot Lodge offers a restaurant and bar in the village of Upper Affcot. The hotel has free parking, and WiFi in the public areas.The Lodge offers a shared lounge with an open fire, and outdoor seating with a children’s play area. The rooms all feature private bathroom, flat-screen TVs and tea and coffee making facilities.The restaurant offers breakfast and packed lunches are also available on request.Affcot Lodge is 2.4 miles from Craven Arms, and a 35-minute drive to Shrewsbury. Guests can visit the Stretton Antiques Market, which is 5 miles from the property. Affcot Lodge is 67 miles from Birmingham Aiport.
- Enjoyed our stay and would happily return. We were made to feel very welcome
- Breakfast not available on weekdays. Stuart and Becky were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. Bedroom and ensuite were clean and comfortable with all usual room facilities provided TV, kettle, etc.
- Quiet location, large spacious rooms and super friendly staff
- The staff were extremely helpful and pleasent however the size of building it needs a gardener and cleaner working alongside management.
- The owners bent over backwards to accommodate my every need which were random and many! I am very grateful to them for their kindness and helpfulness.
The Pheasant at Neenton
The Pheasant at Neenton offers accommodations in a charming village close to Bridgnorth. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hair dryer.You can play darts at the inn. Birmingham is 27 mi from The Pheasant at Neenton, while Worcester is 24 mi away. Birmingham Airport is 34 mi from the property.
- Lovely room and extremely comfortable bed. The food was superb in the restaurant and the breakfast equally delicious. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Loved everything about the Pheasant Inn and would definitely stay there again.
- The room had a very comfortable bed and nice decor. Good food served at the pub. Lovely rural location.
- Very comfy beds in a pleasant room attached to a good community pub.
- Lovely cosy room. The bed was super comfortable! The staff were really friendly and the evening meal and breakfast were exceptional! Would stay again!
- We stayed two nights and had dinner both nights. The room was fine, the bed extremely comfortable. Breakfast was very good, and dinner was exceptionally good. The cooking and presentation are of an exceedingly high standard, and deserve wider appreciation. The staff are lovely people. This is an communityowned and communityoperated enterprise and I take off my hat to all involved for creating this gem.
Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury
One of our top picks in Shrewsbury. Just off the A5, on the outskirts of Shrewsbury, this air-conditioned hotel features large, modern bedrooms, a contemporary restaurant and conference facilities.Bedrooms at the Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury feature luxury power showers, super-king beds and Wi-Fi.In the dining room, guests will enjoy breakfast and light lunches, next to the casual bar with a plasma-screen TV showing Sky News.
- Clean comfortable room. Dripping shower sorted when I asked. Car parking. was able to get a gluten free evening meal
- excellent breakfast very good staff excellent stay
- Breakfast was better than expected for a chain hotel
- Very good hotel in every respect, easy short walk to bus for town.
- Large room great power shower comfy bed and pillows
Mytton and Mermaid
The Mytton and Mermaid is a splendid Grade II-listed building on the bank of the River Severn, England’s longest river. The property has 4 AA stars and a Rosette for its restaurant.Built in 1735, the hotel has a picturesque garden and extensive lawns down to the riverbank. Spacious and beautifully presented rooms feature a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee-making facilities, and some have scenic views.The award-winning restaurant serves a seasonally changing menu which feature local produce. There is an extensive wine list, local ales and a wood-burning stove in the bar where food is served all day.Guests can visit the National Trust house Attingham Park, directly opposite the hotel. You can fish in the river (bringing your own), relax outdoors, and enjoy free Wi-Fi throughout the building. Free off-road private parking is also available.The Mytton and Mermaid’s country location is just 10 minutes’ drive from Shrewsbury Rail Station and 2.5 miles from central Shrewsbury. Guests can also reach the M54 with a short 5-minute drive.
- It felt very Covid safe. They had thought through all the new procedures and it worked extremely well. The staff were all really welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. Excellent location. Excellent food.
- Location was excellent. Everything I wanted to see was within a 10 mile radius. Being right beside the river was a beautiful location.
- Great location, very good breakfast, excellent restaurant and friendly staff.
- This is a beautiful property on the edge of the River Severn, with a bridge over the river adjoining the grounds. The room was spacious and fitting for a country house hotel. very clean, with a large bathroom and a lovely fireplace. The restaurant was pleasant we had dinner and breakfast and the hotel bar had a massive fireplace and cozy feel. The signage for the carpark could be better, but that is a small criticism in an otherwise wonderful hotel. Very good value.
- We had an excellent room with a lovely view of the river and the bridge. The bed was extremely comfortable and the breakfast was delicious .The staff were most friendly and there was ample parking. The hotel is wellplaced, withShrewsbury, Iron Bridge and all the other fascinating local places being very near.
The Tontine Hotel in Ironbridge, dates back to the 18th century, and lies close to the River Severn. In addition to a bar and restaurant, The Tontine offers high-quality bed and breakfast accommodations in Shropshire, around 30 minutes’ drive from both Shrewsbury and Wolverhampton.Comfortable rooms are tastefully furnished, many overlooking the river, and all include a TV, telephone and tea and coffee facilities. All rooms are en suite, and there are single and family rooms, with some rooms having 4-poster beds.A wide breakfast choice includes a full English breakfast, with lunchtime and evening meals also available. Lunch and dinner can also be enjoyed on site, upon request.The center of Ironbridge is less than 5 minutes’ walk from The Tontine and the Ironbridge Gorge was declared a World Heritage Site in 1986. Among Shropshire’s many historic houses, Weston Park is around 20 minutes’ drive, and medieval Stokesay Castle on the Welsh border is approximately 40 minutes away.
- Excellent Breakfast. Very courteous service. I would certainly stay at the Tontine again and would recommend it to friends and family. Plan to visit again in the near future.
- Wonderful find, excellent price. The beds were comfortable had everything we needed.
- Very good pub accommodation and food. Breakfast was as you wanted with very friendly staff. Location Looking at Ironbridge with good outside seating and service at bar. All in all well recommended. We stayed a week and thoroughly enjoyed. Even provided an Ironbridge parking permit !!
- Probably the most helpful hotel owner I have ever had the pleasure of staying with. We asked for the number of a taxi but he insisted on driving us himself on the 15 mile round trip!
- We enjoyed the location of the hotel near everything..friendly staff
In the heart of historic Shrewsbury, The Vaults is a traditional pub with a beer garden, cozy rooms and a lively bar with resident DJs. Shrewsbury Railway Station is just a 2-minute walk away.The simple bedrooms are individually decorated, and all have free Wi-Fi access. Rooms also feature a flat-screen TV, a seating area and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The popular bar serves a wide selection of fine spirits, real local ales and bottled beers. Live DJs play on weekends, and guests can relax in the courtyard garden or on the roof terrace.The Vaults is located on Castle Gates, just a 3-minute walk from Darwin Shopping Center. Parking is available nearby, and the magnificent Shrewsbury Castle is a 1-minute walk away.
- Very helpful friendly staff. Easy to check in and out. Room clean and comfortable. Location is Central to station ,town centre and Theatre Severn where we were going. Will definitely stay again when visiting Shrewsbury.
- Small pub with rooms, clean very comfortable. Very friendly helpful staff. Its a great location as well.
- Cheap, last minute room thanks, national train service, for screwing me over above a pub right by the train station turned out to be decent! Felt a little sketchy getting to the room, but once inside it was a totally proper, reasonable room. Theres a castle wall directly over it. I never did get to explore Shrewsbury, but it looked pretty from the train!
- Nice room size with en suite bathroom! Close to train in town.
- Great location to the station, show ground and restaurant, shops and bars
The Telford Whitehouse Hotel
One of our top picks in Telford. Located on the edge of Wellington, the Whitehouse Hotel is less than 5 minutes’ drive from the M54 motorway. Free Wi-Fi and free on-site parking are included in the rate, and the Telford International Center, a conference and events center, is only a 10-minute drive away.Each spacious room has a large flat-screen satellite TV, hairdryer and tea and coffee facilities.Telford town center and rail station are within 4 miles of the Whitehouse Hotel. The Ironbridge Gorge Museum is a 15-minute drive from the hotel. The M6 motorway is 35 minutes’ drive away and Birmingham city center is a 40-minute car journey away.
- The food very good, pool and gym facilities are great staff friendly very reasonable will stay again
- Very clean , lovely pool, friendly and helpful staff on reception and nice to have meal so we didnt have to go out in the rain
- The staff were courteous and friendly. It was good value for money and was perfect for our needs
- A safe in the room, nice and clean comfortable room.
- Room was very clean and bed very comfortable. Good breakfast hot and cold choices Dinner was poor though. A simple fish and chips .. but chips were rubbery and few peas.
International Hotel Telford
A continental breakfast including two hot food items, free onsite parking and free WiFi are included in the rate at International Hotel Telford.The hotel is in close proximity to Telford Town Center Park, which offers acres of woodland walks and free fun in the many play areas, alongside high ropes, zip wire and mini golf activities. Southwater Square is also located nearby with ample bars and restaurants, IMAX Cinema, ice rink and ten pin bowling.The bedrooms at the International Hotel each have a private bathroom and a TV with Freeview channels. Rooms also have a work desk and tea and coffee making facilities.The hotel has its own contemporary lounge bar, offering beverages. If you’re a sports fan, BT Sports is often screened in the bar.There is also a beauty center and leisure club at our sister hotel, the Holiday Inn, which is adjacent. Guests can use the facilities there for a small surcharge.Located 5 minutes’ drive from the M54 and a short drive to the Ironbridge Gorge, guests at the hotel benefit from discounted tickets for top Shropshire tourist attractions, available from the hotel reception.
- The staff were all friendly, proficient and helpful. Every detail was taken care if if taxi needed they helped. The rooms are clean, modern and very comfortable also a great value price wise.
- Great location, right next to the International Centre, where I had a meeting the next day. All the staff were extremely polite, friendly and helpful. I was impressed to receive an email from the hotel, confirming that my online request for a quiet room had been noted and could be fulfilled.
- Clean. Great central location. Added extra of beans and bacon. When it should be a continental breakfast.
- Seriously impressed by the quality of this hotel, I really wasnt expecting much given the fantastic price but I was blown away by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The facilities are great, basic but clean and exactly what we needed for our weekend away.
- Very warm welcome, we had a lovely stay, staff brilliant will stay again.
Best Western Valley Hotel
One of our top picks in Ironbridge. In the stunning Ironbridge Gorge, on the banks of the River Severn, this beautifully preserved Georgian country house offers luxurious accommodations, free Wi-Fi and an award-winning restaurant.The Best Western Valley Hotel is located in the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge. The hotel is set in its own secluded grounds, surrounded by stunning European-award-winning parkland that sweeps down to the banks of the River Severn. The world-famous Ironbridge is less than 10 minutes’ walk down the river from the hotel.This 3-star country house hotel has 44 individually designed rooms with attached bathroom, some with queen-size or four-poster beds and wonderful views.The Chez Maw Restaurant has an excellent reputation and has won 2 Rosette awards for the outstanding preparation of its food and the good quality of the ingredients it uses.Free private parking is available on site.
- The location was great. The hotel lead down to the park and river and was close to Ironbridge centre. Staff were really helpful and friendly. The rooms were very clean. Food in the dining room was lovely, both at breakfast and evening meals
- An overnight stay only very clean . All covid measures in place staff lovely and helpful. Special mention for Meagan. Super helpful and friendly.
- Hotel coped well with social distancing rules and we were able to get food and drinks easily from the restaurant and barEvening meal was very good quality
- Perfect location a ten minute walk from IronBridge along the river. Hotel set in nice grounds on edge of park. Lots of history at the hotel with connections to the local tile industry. Food delicious and staff very friendly and helpful.
- The single room was comfortable and fine for one person. The hotel was in a quiet part of Ironbridge and was a short walk from the bridge and center of town. It was clearly a historic old hotel, had a private bar and a great staff who really looked after the customers. Breakfast was great and a really good value included in my room rate. Really good value and a comfortable stay.
Church Farm Guest House
Set in the beautiful Shropshire village of Wrockwardine, on the outskirts of Telford, this splendid Georgian farmhouse provides the ideal base for a relaxing countryside break.The house features 4 well-equipped rooms, complete with free Wi-Fi, a TV with Freeview channels, and a DVD player.A local produced full English breakfast is included with every room as well as a cream tea on arrival before 18:00.Church Farm also provides a spacious guest lounge and breakfast room.Enjoy the stunning views over Wrockwardine and the Wrekin before setting off to explore the surrounding areas. Ironbridge and Much Wenlock are 20 minutes’ drive away.
- The old farmhouse was beautiful. Breakfast was very good.
- Sandies homemade plum jam was such a nice treat!!
- Delicious breakfast included in the house. Wonderful village location with plenty of parking on site. View over the large garden to the church. The owner has obviously thought hard about the comfort of visitors. Thank you.
- I thought the staff were all lovely and really considerate. Literally nothing was too much trouble.The house was charming and in a really relaxing location.
- Beautiful house location, friendly service, clean inviting
Looking for: Best Hotels in Longville in the Dale